Welcome to the MEATandTHREE.com
Meat and Three Restaurants Blog!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Do you Squidoo?

Squidoo is one of those community networking-type sites that seems to be gaining a lot of ground these days. I learned about the site late one night, and got a little bit addicted.

"What do you do on Squidoo?" You create "lenses" for whatever subject that you want to create a lens for.

"What's a lens?", you may ask? Well, a lens is basically a personal web page that you can create, adding various modules full of your own content, links, photos, Amazon or eBay products (on which you can earn commissions), surveys or polls, guest comments, etc.

It is free to set up a lens, and you can set up lots of them. I saw a person today who has set up over 60 of them.

I immediately created one for Meat and Three restaurants, of course (
http://www.squidoo.com/meatandthreerestaurants/). Once there, you can check out some of my other lenses, some of which are about meat and threes and some are not. You can also get to the Lens of the Day (LOTD), view the current Top 100 lenses, or browse through the various categories to find ones that interest you.

However, please do not forget about your favorite meat and three blog. Make sure you bookmark either this blog or my main web site, MEATandTHREE.com and come back to visit me.

It was quite easy to create the first lens and does not really take much time, if you have an idea of what your subject is and already have some content. It's really easy to play around with, experimenting with different looks and modules, so that you can get the look you want. My mum (no, I am not English - have just always wanted to say that in print or in a radio interview or something) has created several, so I know you can do it. She is not necessarily a web programming queen ... yet.

If you have heard the buzz about Squidoo already and want to start your own page, click on this link to get started. When you have your page(s) done, shoot me a comment on this entry. I'd like to take a look at it.

Here is one of the Squidoo link buttons: Check out my lens

If you have any questions about how I did something on one of my Squidoo lenses, just ask me. I'm still leaning, too, but I'll try to help.

Have a great week!

Phil Roberson (mn3guy)
MEATandTHREE.com (Home)
MEATandTHREE.com (USA page)
MEATandTHREE.com (Photo Gallery)

No comments: